How to Combat Stress
As we’ve discussed in other articles, stress is something that we all experience in our lives. But in order to be healthy, we need a plan to manage and deal with that stress before it gets the best of us. Managing stress is all about living a healthy lifestyle. In this post, we will look at 5 major areas that are essential for optimal health.
What are the crucial elements needed to live a healthy life?
1. A healthy nervous system. You’re nervous system controls everything in your body. Without a healthy nervous system, good health is impossible. At best, it will be severely hampered.
2. Consistent exercise. Exercising consistently tunes up your body to work at its best. Most people who don’t exercise haven’t made it a priority. Just as you take time to eat – every day – make time to exercise. Prioritizing exercise will give you the energy you need to accomplish the other tasks in your life.
3. Healthy diet – You’ve heard the saying ‘you are what you eat’, and it’s very true. The things that we ingest either boost or compromise our health. You want to concentrate on alkalizing your body by eating healthy foods. Overly processed foods and junk make the body highly acidic, which raises you risk of cancer and other diseases.
4. Adequate sleep – It’s imperative to give your body time to rejuvenate by getting a solid 8 hours of sleep every night. Children typically should shoot for 9 hours. And preferably on your side. This will help keep your spine in alignment and is preferable to sleeping on your back or stomach.
5. Positive mental attitude and spiritual growth. Although this one is often the easiest to overlook, it’s just as important as the rest of them. Cultivate a healthy thought life. Challenge negative and untrue thoughts about yourself before they have a chance to affect your behavior. Read good, positive, motivational books. Strive for an ‘attitude of gratitude’ in your life. Love and serve others. Think often about the difference between living a selfless life vs. a selfish one. You’ll be amazed at how much this will reduce your stress level.
Practice these 5 areas, and watch your health and attitude improve. This will result in a healthier, longer, and fuller life.