Dr. Tuttle is well recognized for successfully treating patients who have been involved in motor vehicle accidents. Following an accident, Dr. Tuttle utilizes spinal adjustments, physical therapy, and strengthening exercises to restore functional mobility, eliminate pain and inflammation, and realign the spine.
Even in a mild, low impact accident, the body can develop long term debilitating problems. The resulting instability can result in the following:
- Loss of mobility This is due to malfunctioning of misaligned spinal joints.
- Nerve pressure – The nerves existing in the spine become pinched and irritated.
- Damage to muscles and ligaments (soft tissue) Muscle and ligaments following trauma create micro tears and heal with scar tissue. This is equivalent to gristle in steak and progressively worsens if left uncorrected.
- Swelling and inflammation Spinal joints and associated muscles and ligaments become inflamed and swell, as when you accidentally hit your thumb with a hammer.
- Spinal degeneration Bone spurs form on the individual vertebrae due to malfunctioning spinal joints.
To stop and prevent this decay process, it is essential to restore functional mobility to the spine.
The following symptoms are common complaints following a motor vehicle accident:
- Stiffness of the neck or back
- Numbness or tingling in the shoulders, arms, or legs
- Difficulty sleeping
- Inability to concentrate
Due to the nature of these soft tissue injuries, symptoms may not appear for weeks to months following your accident. Should you have any of the above symptoms following your accident, please call and schedule a complimentary consultation with Dr. Tuttle. He is an expert at stopping the decay and degeneration resulting from your accident.